Friday 13 February 2015

OzQube-1 Presentation at Australian Cubesat Workshop

Late last year, the Australian Centre for Space Engineering Research (ACSER) announced that they were going to run a workshop titled "Launching Cubesats for and from Australia" in early 2015.

Yessss! Finally a smallsat event in Australia that I can attend, even if it is a 5 hour plane flight away.

After a suggestion from a Twitter follower ( Thanks @AusAndgie7 !) I made contact with the organisers to discuss the possibility of me doing a presentation about OzQube-1. As my email was sent between Christmas and New Years, the uni staff were on holidays and didn't reply straight away. But once they were back from their break, I got a reply saying that I was more than welcome to present! Now I just had to wait for further details as they arranged their schedules.

A few days ago, all the speakers received the draft schedule, and it looks like I'm on just before Tom from the PocketQube Shop, who is going to do his talk remotely via video conference. Each speaker in the "Missions" section has a  7.5 minute slot, including questions, so I'll have to make sure I don't spoil Tom's talk! Not to mention that this is the first time I've talked about OzQube-1 to a large audience, so hopefully I do ok. I don't want to have it turn into "7.5 minutes of terror"!

So if anyone that is interested in PocketQubes or Cubesats, and can make it to Sydney for April 1st, 2015, make sure you reserve a seat ( they're free). I'll be there all day, so come up and say "Hi!"


No comments:

Post a Comment